Your front door is there to make a great impression, and few front doors look better than a door made custom to fit all your needs and specifications. Custom doors come in a number of styles and materials, and provide an easy solution to improving the curb appeal of your home.
As a leading door company in Surrey BC, Doors Galore understands that a beautiful front door can quickly and dramatically enhance your home’s façade, while fresh French doors or patio doors can help transform your backyard into your own personal oasis. Plus, a well-fitting exterior door keeps the cool or hot air in, saving you money on air conditioning and heating.
Before you start shopping, take some time to do research and planning, as well as answering some fundamental questions:
- How do you want the front of your home to look?
- What type of material do you want?
- Will your door contain any glass that you can see through, or will you add sidelights?
- What colour do you want? - You can paint or stain your door a colour that lends itself to the colour scheme of the outside of your home, or you can go for a bolder colour that offsets your door and makes a statement.
- What about style? – Single entry or a double entry custom door for a grand entrance into your home, and you can choose a door with an arch on top, or even more dramatic enhancements.
- Before contacting a custom supplier like Doors Galore, take measurements of any replacement doors openings for a more accurate quote.
Doors Galore custom exterior entry doors are constructed of steel, fibreglass, or wood:
- Steel doors are a cost effective way to provide energy efficiency and security. They are paint grade and should only be painted light colours.
- Fibreglass doors are long lasting, dent resistant, and available in Textured Stain Grade and Smooth White. These doors can be stained or painted in a variety of colours.
- Wood doors are available in several unique styles in Fir, Oak, or Maple and can make a statement, transforming the look of your home.
- Smooth Fibreglass double doors with clear glass or French doors are a timeless classic that can add instant elegance to your home. In the summer, they are the perfect gateway to your garden, in winter they let in light without letting in the cold.
Doors Galore offers custom door manufacturing - sizing, painting, and installation of these doors - providing a smooth transition between your indoor and outdoor spaces. Your entry door is a reflection of your style, so take the time to make sure it’s the one you want:
- Start looking around to get ideas for when you put in your order;
- Look at doors in your neighborhood for any specific designs or features you like; and
- Visit architectural warehouses and salvage yards to get design inspirations from older door or pick up a few architectural and home magazines for ideas.
If you’re still stumped after all that research, consult the professional door company at Doors Galore for advice on which options and styles will best fit your home and improve the curb appeal of your residence. If you have questions about choosing custom front door for your home, contact Doors Galore at 604.543.8005 today for service in Surrey and throughout the lower mainland.